Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Underwater World ( We are Malaysia)

About a year ago I picked up scuba diving as my adventurous hobby to unwind myself from my hectic life in the city. 
Things that I  bring with me for my Scuba diving trip are Canon G12 with WP-DC34 Case, Lavocore thermo guard, colorful beach pants and etc. 
I was inspired by a group of diving enthusiasts during an assignment at Pulau Tioman to cover 1Malaysia corals cleaning projects.
During the trip, I was told by the divers that “as a diver you get to see the colourful and diverse marine life”. After I came back from the trip, I rapidly began my search for more and in due time I was connected to Sam Ong he is PADI instructor by profession.  We undergo series of confined water training before going to open water.   
After a week’-long training, we visited Pualu Pangkor for my first open water dive. For my first dive at Pulau Sembilan dive site, visibility was poor.  But it was sufficient to make me excited all about underwater world. I was lucky enough to have Angel Tang to join me in my unscheduled outing that started with a trip down to Perhentian Island, Terengganu to discover the marine life.
Perhentian Island is one of the most popular islands in Peninsular Malaysia, it have more than 15 dive sites and about 18 dive centers to choices.
I have discovered Temple of Sea dive site, massive pinnacle and sandy bottom. it is one of the best dive site in the island. Good visibility with plenty of marine life , healthy mix of hard and soft corals Scopionfish, schools of yellow snappers, boxfish , puffer fish, green turtles, nudibranchs can be seen and don’t forget the cute clown fish in the movie Finding Nemo, the computer-animated comedy-drama. Almost every month I pay a visit to this beautiful island. It has become my second home since then.

Every time I relate my diving experience to my friends, there are two things that I cannot forget to tell them I bring with me - Lavocore thermo guard and colorful beach pants.
I usually get that funny look, then they the question pops out, “why u like to wear the colourful pants, every time you dive?”
With a smile I answer” So that shark doesn’t attack me.”  I was told by Jonn Benedict Lu of Sharksavers Singapore. “More people die per year from dog bites, lightning strikes, than people dying from shark attack”, Shark normally doesn’t attack human.
Last  August, I went on a weekend break to Sabah. The trip was just about 30 minute of bus and boat ride from Kota Kinabalu International Airport. I reached the paradise of clear water and powder-fine beaches of the Gaya Island Resort located on Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. It has always been my desire to see that exotic island and scuba diving.
Tunku Abdul Rhman Marine Park has over 25 named sites, all with their own marvels and catering to all levels of divers.
I decided to choose the Eddell Patches and Sulug North dive sites as there two are most popular sites at Marine Park.
During my trip I bumped into some Singapore divers, we share a lot of Scuba diving memory and jokes about our two countries.
After 2 great dives I ended up unwinding myself with a class of wine at infinity pool to make my trip an awesome one.City folks gear up to get out of your busy city life.

4 comments:

Crackask said...


Your post style is super Awesome and unique from others I am visiting the page I like your style.

reFX Nexus

Patch Zip said...


Your post style is super Awesome and unique from others I am visiting the page I like your style.



mIRC Crack

Crack Name said...

You have a very unique style of posting compared to others. It is very good.
Security Monitor Pro

crack Store said...

You have a very unique style of posting compared to others. It is very good.https://crackstores.com/vmix-pro-crack/